Lecture Notes on Computer Architecture
2. Pennengg 3.wikipedia 4.W.Stalling 5uni-idao
Instruction set architecture CISC and RISC, Case study - instruction sets of some common CPUs.
Control unit design: Hardwired and micro-programmed design approaches
Memory system design: semiconductor memory technologies, memory organization. Cache; Cache memory hierarchy;
Peripheral devices and their characteristics: Input-output subsystems, I/O transfers - program controlled, interrupt driven and DMA, Secondary storage devices;
Privileged and non-privileged instructions, software interrupts and exceptions, programs and processes, role of interrupts in process state transitions.
Pipelining: Basic concepts of pipelining, throughput and speedup, pipeline hazards.
4. Representation of numbers and Characters pdf
5. Basic elements of gates pdf
6. Gate level and word-level design pdf
7. Implementing arithmetic operations pdf
8. Processor level- instruction cycle, buses, & communication pdf
9. Instruction set architecture and assembly language programming pdf
10. 8085 Assembly language programing pdf
11. Micro-programing pdf
12. Memory systems pdf
13. Cache Memory system pdf
14. IO, Interrupts, DMA pdf
15. Parallel processing pdf