4CS4-06: Theory Of Computation
- Credit: 3
- Max. Marks: 150 (Internal Assessment:30, End Term Exam:120)
- Weekly: 3 Lectures; zero Tutorials; zero Practicals
- End Term Exam: 3 Hours
- Attendance: All the students are required to fulfill the criteria of minimum requirements of attendance, i.e., they must have
attendance of 75% in the lectures of TOC, to appear in midterms and end-term examination.
- Assignments: There will be two assignment for each of the course module. Timely submission is compulsory.
For late submissions, 1 mark will be deducted for each days delay.
- Quiz: There will be four open book quiz, marks of best two will be added into the internal assessment.
- Introduction to Automata Theory, Languages, and Computation, John E. Hopcroft, Rajeev Motwani, Jeffrey D. Ullman
- Elements of the Theory of Computation, by Christos Papadimitriou and Harry Lewis
- Introduction to Languages and the Theory of Computation, 4th Ed., By John Martin